I braved the 90 degree heat and turned on my oven... so glad I did. Our dessert last night, was our breakfast this morning.
+ Summer Peach & Almond Upside-Down Cake
+ adapted recipe | via Food Network
• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature plus more for the pan
• 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
• 4 medium peaches, pitted and cut into 6 wedges each
• 1 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup almond flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
• 3/4 cup whole milk
PREHEAT OVEN to 350˚F
1. Lightly butter a 9-inch-round cake pan. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon water and cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth and deep golden brown, 8 to 11 minutes. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and tilt to coat the bottom. Arrange the peach wedges snugly in the bottom of the pan in a single layer, cutting to fit if needed.
2. Whisk together flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl,
3. Beat the remaining 7 tablespoons butter and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts. Beat in the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour mixture; beat in each addition until just incorporated.
4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 55 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool 30 minutes. Invert onto a plate and let cool completely.
TAKE a LOOK:
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.