Wow... this is my kind of meal! I absolutely loved this Peach and Honeydew Salad with Prosciutto. In addition to this salad, I roasted chicken breasts and seared a large pan of green beans from my garden. I, however, didn't eat any of that. I started out with this salad and ended with this salad. And when it was gone, I was very sorry I didn't have more. I don't purchase honeydew often -- usually cantaloupe instead. I'm now craving it; along with peaches...
Next time, it will be only this salad. A very large salad. And there will be baguettes with French salted butter... perfect! Make it now. It's a summer salad.
• recipe (adapted) from Chef Andy Glover of Mission Estate Winery
• One 1 1/2-pound honeydew melon -- seeded, peeled, and thinly sliced
• 1 ripe peach, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped basil
• 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, small cubes
• 8 thin slices of prosciutto (2 ounces)
1. Arrange the honeydew melon and peach slices on a platter. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter the basil and fresh mozzarella over the fruit; drape the slices of prosciutto over the top. ENJOY
TAKE a LOOK: