• • • • • • • •
I wish I could tell you where I found this recipe for Turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Meatloaf on Greens, but I can't remember. It is partially jotted down onto a piece of paper -- obviously I was in a hurry when I stumbled upon it. I recently made it twice in the span of one week; good hot out-of-the-oven and good cold out-of-the-refrigerator the next day.
Turkey and Roasted Red Pepper Meatloaf on Greens
• 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
• 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 cup Parmesan
• 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 cup parsley, chopped
• 7 ounces roasted peppers, 1/2-inch dice
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 cups lettuce greens
1. Heat oven to 400˚F.
2. Combine turkey, onion, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons mustard, parsley, roasted peppers, 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Shape mixture into a loaf and bake approximately 45 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes.
3. Make Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, mix together white wine vinegar, olive oil and remaining 2 teaspoons Dijon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with lettuce greens.
11/18/2009 10:36:47 pm
11/21/2009 10:19:44 am
I love the addition of peppers. I think I'll lay mine over sauteed spinach. Thanks for the recipe.
Leave a Reply.