It's over. The months of planning and anticipation. Finished. The wedding was beautiful! Many of you mentioned you'd like to see photos. My camera was banned by my family. I'm not quite sure why. Some photos on this page are from the photographer, a few from cell phones, and once back home for the morning-after-breakfast, finally my camera.
One of our top requirements for this wedding, was that the food be exceptional. I think we accomplished that -- Heavy hors d'oeuvres at the reception from Fabulous Catering. Our wall-of-cakes from James Beard nominee Michelle Gayer's Salty Tart. We (I mean, I) went a little crazy, ordering 11 cakes. But with varieties like Pear with Burnt Caramel, Chocolate Mocha, Apple Spice, Lemon Curd, Surly Chocolate, to name a few, plus the tiered vanilla wedding cake with passion fruit curd filling and vanilla bean buttercream frosting, how could we not?
No... your eyes are not playing tricks on you. Those are pigs on top of the wedding cake.
Bagged Homemade Marshmallow guest favors made by the Mother-of-the-Bride (a.k.a. me).
I am thrilled that I took my own advice, and made the Sunday morning breakfast for 30+ easy.
• • • • • • • • • • • • •
• bagels (purchased) with flavored cream cheeses (made by me)
• chocolate and almond croissants (from a fabulous Vietnamese bakery in St. Paul)
• smoked salmon with red onion, tomatoes, and capers
• fresh fruit
• Daniel Boulud's Fresh Fruit Punch
• Starbuck's coffee
Flavored Cream Cheeses
• 2 bunches green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon whole milk
• 8 slices bacon, diced, and cooked until crisp
• 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine onions, milk, and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Stir in the bacon and salt and pepper. Refrigerate. Remove 30 minutes before serving.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE:
• 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
• 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
• 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
Combine the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Refrigerate. Remove 30 minutes before serving.
CINNAMON SUGAR CREAM CHEESE:
• 16 ounces cream cheese
• sugar, to taste
• cinnamon, to taste
This one, the amounts are up to you. Blend all together in the bowl of a food processor.
Daniel Boulud's FRESH FRUIT PUNCH
The New York Times Magazine | November 1, 1987
• 3 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
• 3 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 1/2 cups finely diced very ripe pineapple flesh
• 1 1/2 cups finely diced ripe bananas
• 4 tablespoons grenadine
• 4 tablespoons sugar
1. Combine the ingredients in a blender. Blend as thoroughly as possible. This can be done in batches.
2. Place a strainer over a large bowl and pour the mixture, as blended, through the strainer and into the bowl. Press the solids to remove as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids and refrigerate the liquid until cold. This recipe serves 8-10. I doubled the recipe and served the punch with champagne for mimosas!
Yes, she was at the party... in her dress.
TAKE a LOOK:
11/6/2012 06:20:05 pm
Sooo beautiful! Congratulations, all, on this happy occasion! More wedding pictures, please!
11/6/2012 09:00:05 pm
There will be more. When I get a hold of them, I'll be sure to post a few more.
11/6/2012 11:08:33 pm
Eileen, Awesome Mother of the Bride, you must be so proud. May I say your daughters radiate joy in those pics. Here's to your wonderful family and exceptional day. I love how you never do anything half way, how that everything you touch is wrapped in care and love and deliciousness!
11/7/2012 02:16:38 pm
11/7/2012 11:35:50 pm
11/9/2012 07:51:43 am
Congratulations! Two beautiful daughters and now a son. How joyous the bride and groom are... it brings smiles and happiness to those who don't even have the pleasure of knowing them. I love it ;) Delight Photography captured the exuberance of their new beginning. Your hearts must be full. The brunch photos are like a magazine lay-out. Thank you for letting us be unseen "guests" :) Tom of Tall Clover Farm is right.. everything you do is magical.... you are an absolute life-artist! Cheers!
11/11/2012 07:41:08 am
Congratulations on your blessed beautiful day. The bride had joy and love sparkling from her smile & heart-what a beautiful bride & family. thank you for sharing with your fans. your breakfast table looked delicious. God Bless the happy couple and God Bless you & your entire family !
11/11/2012 09:04:03 am
Wow what a beautiful wedding. The food looked amazing too!
11/11/2012 09:44:27 am
Thank you, thank you, everyone for the kind words!
11/11/2012 12:12:24 pm
BEAUTIFUL COUPLE! I am sorry I missed this post! Too busy w/ hurricanes :(
Leave a Reply.