Get yourself a stack of newspapers, brew a pot of coffee and make these muffins.
+ Tropical Bran Muffins +
• 1/2 cup bran cereal
• 1/2 freshly-squeezed orange juice
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
• 1 3/4 cup unbleached flour, sifted
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mix cereal and orange juice and let stand. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Combine the cereal mixture with milk and pineapple. Add sifted dry ingredients to creamed butter alternately with cereal mixture, blending well and ending with dry ingredients. Fill buttered muffin pans or muffin pans lined with paper baking cups, with the batter. Bake at 400˚F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
2/7/2010 12:14:32 am
Mahalo! These so look delicious I believe I just felt a tropical breeze, oh wait that was bulldog produced.
2/7/2010 12:35:32 am
I understand, Tom. I have a bulldog too ;-)) The coconut sounds good. Maybe some sliced almonds??
2/9/2010 08:35:14 pm
This looks wonderful, tropical muffins!
Leave a Reply.