I've mentioned before how much I like granola by Milk & Honey; my favorite being their Blueberry Pecan. My daughter and husband, on the other hand, are hooked on Milk & Honey's Chocolate Banana Granola. I will buy it in a pinch, if I need to, but when I have the time, I'd much rather bake it in my own kitchen. I think my delicious granola comes close!
• • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • •
• 4 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1/4 cup wheat germ
• 1/4 cup coconut
• 1/4 cup unsweetened, natural cocoa
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• 1/8 cup honey
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup dried banana chips
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F.
2. In a large bowl combine the oats and wheat germ.
3. In the bowl of a food processor pulse the coconut and cocoa briefly to combine. Add to the oats and wheat germ.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the canola oil, honey, and brown sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring until smooth. Poor oil mixture over the oats and stir to coat the entire mixture.
5. Pour the oat mixture onto a large sheet pan and place on the center rack of the oven.
6. While the granola is baking, take the banana chips and place in a zip-lock bag. Using a rolling pin, pulverize the banana chips into smaller pieces. Set aside.
7. After 25 minutes of baking (you want the granola golden brown and dry, but not burnt), remove the granola from oven and cool. Stir in the banana chips.
* My favorite way of eating this granola is over vanilla yogurt and with fresh banana slices.
TAKE a LOOK:
7/24/2012 04:50:44 am
I bought some of Milk & Honey's granola while traveling & unfortunatly none of the stores in my area sell it. So glad I googled the recipe for it & came across yours.....can you tell I'm working hard? I'm at work printing my grocery list so I can make it tonight - can't wait!!! Thank you!
Leave a Reply.