SMOKED TURKEY PASTA PRIMAVERA
I've been busy lately. Very busy. I have finally gotten around to planting my garden with eggplant, beets, tomatoes, and much more. Oh yes... there are also red cabbage. You might remember my red cabbage from last summer.
And I'm back in my old routine of assembling a large pasta salad early in the day. It makes my time spent turning garden soil, planting and watering a lot easier knowing a great meal is waiting for me in my refrigerator.
This recipe makes a lot of pasta and vegetables. Halve the ingredients if it sounds like too much for you. I use any leftover Basil Sauce in sandwiches.
: Smoked Turkey Pasta Primavera :
• 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
• 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into flowerets
• 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
• 6 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 sweet red pepper, sliced into thin strips
• 1 small can pitted ripe olives, sliced
• 4 cups chopped, cooked smoked turkey
• 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Basil sauce (recipe follows)
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Cook fettuccine; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
2. Combine fettuccine and next 9 ingredients, tossing well. Add 2/3 cup Basil Sauce, plus any additional sauce to your liking, and the cherry tomatoes; toss gently and chill.
• Basil Sauce •
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
• 1 large clove garlic
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 1 1/2 cup canola oil
• 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Combine basil and garlic in the container of an electric blender or food processor; process 30 seconds or until basil is minced. Add the eggs and next 4 ingredients. Process 20 seconds, scraping sides of processor bowl if necessary. With motor running, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream, mixing just until well blended. Add sour cream and process.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Leave a Reply.