Today I'm giving you another recipe from my Kitchen Party. These Gruyére-Walnut Crisps are a nice little accompaniment to a glass of Prosecco or Champagne. Here they are served alongside fresh figs, some of which are wrapped in Proscuitto, drizzled with fresh lime juice and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.
Gruyére - Walnut Crisps
a recipe from ?
Makes about 80 savory cookies.
• 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
• 12 ounces finely grated Gruyére cheese
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Beat in the Gruyére and salt. Add flour and walnuts; beat just until dough comes together, adding water by teaspoonfuls if dry. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 14-inch log. Wrap in plastic and chill until firm, at least 4 hours. Can be made 2 days ahead.
2. Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1/2-inch apart on baking sheets. Bake until deep golden, about 20 minutes. Cool on racks.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: