I can't believe that when I shot this photo it was near 70˚ and we were outdoors enjoying drinks on the patio before moving inside for dinner. We're well into May and there's been talk of snow! Up until now we have been enjoying above normal temperatures. April was so warm and sunny that I was feeling guilty about not having my vegetable garden planted. Now, however, I'm very pleased that I was slow (or lazy?) in doing so.
Here's to many more days on the patio!
~ Sangria ~
adapted from a recipe by Emeril Lagasse
• 1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
• 1/4 cup brandy
• 1/4 cup orange flavored liqueur (preferably triple sec or Grand Marnier)
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 orange, thinly sliced, preferably organic
• 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced, preferably organic
• 1 unwaxed apple, cored and cut into thin wedges
• Ginger Ale, chilled (approximately half of a 1 liter bottle)
Combine everything but the Ginger Ale in a large pitcher. Cover and chill completely, 1 to 2 hours. When ready to serve, add the Ginger Ale.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: