When I send my husband to the market, I'm never quite sure what he'll come home with. This week it was yams and that meant a dinner of Roasted Yams with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing and Bacon. We also ate alfresco for the second time this week. I think we've finally turned the long-awaited corner!
+ Roasted Yams with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing +
BUTTERMILK BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
• 2 tablespoons buttermilk
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup blue cheese, diced
• Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (to taste)
• 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, and Greek yogurt in a bowl. Add the blue cheese. Stir in lemon juice to taste, along with the chives. Season with salt and pepper.
TO MAKE YAMS:
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F
2. Peel several small yams and cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil and roast, stirring occasionally, until tender and beginning to caramelize. Season with sea salt.
1. Line bowls or plates with greens. Scatter roasted yams on top. Drizzle with some of the dressing. Sprinkle with cooked, chopped bacon and additional minced chives.
TAKE a LOOK: