+ a recipe from Saveur | December 2014
• 4 egg whites (1/2 cup)
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 4 1/2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 3 cups cornflakes (preferably organic)
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Using a stand or handheld mixer, begin whipping the egg whites at medium speed and when frothy, slowly add the sugar. Increase speed to high and continue to whip until you have firm peaks. By hand, fold in the cornflakes, chopped chocolate, and vanilla.
3. Drop meringues in 1 tablespoon mounds, with 1-inch spaces between, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies for 20 minutes total, switching baking sheet positions after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a baking rack.
TAKE a LOOK: