It's all I need...
• • • • • • • • •
It's well known (by family and some friends) that I'm not much good for anything unless I've had my morning cappuccino. On rare occasions, I have been forced to dash out of the house without one. It is not an ideal situation. Even my French Bulldog Pipi knows there's no hope of a walk unless I've downed a double espresso first. Breakfast can wait, and usually does, until later. When I get myself out of bed, down the stairs, and into the kitchen, it's all about the cappuccino and nothing else... well, a little cookie or muffin on the side is always welcome :)
BREAKFAST: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
and a Cappuccino
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• Finely grated zest of 1 small, organic lemon
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
• 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
• 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 12 fresh blackberries
1. PREHEAT OVEN to 400˚F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper or silicone baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add yogurt, lemon zest, almond extract, and poppy seeds. Mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir into the creamed mixture. Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin. Press a blackberry into the center of each muffin.
4. Place tin on the middle rack of oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown; cool for 5 minutes before serving.
TAKE a LOOK:
3/18/2014 02:03:34 am
Oh, you and I are kindred spirits!
3/18/2014 02:07:43 am
Kate -- Oddly enough, I live anything dry (bordering on stale?) with my cappuccino in the morning. Several day old anything is great by me!
3/21/2014 04:37:01 am
You are quite the cappuccino foam artist! :-)
Leave a Reply.