I have been making this tuna salad, or a slight variation of this tuna salad for about as long as I can remember.
• • • • • • • • •
My Favorite Tuna Salad
• 3 cans (4 1/2 ounce) tuna in olive oil, drained
• 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
• 3/4 teaspoon ginger
• Mayonnaise, homemade or from a jar
• 1/8 to 1/4 cup (depending upon your fondness) finely diced dill pickles
• Optional garnishes: tomatoes, sliced red onion, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce
Combine the tuna and dry seasonings. Stir in enough mayonnaise to moisten to your liking. Scoop onto toasted buns and garnish. The tuna is also very good made into Tuna Melts with a hearty sliced bread and your favorite cheese.
• • • • • • •
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
5/7/2010 10:46:39 pm
I made this today for our weekend breakfast and added a 1/3 cup of cottage cheese to the mix and I must say that this is one of the best tuna salad recipes I have ever made! I served it on toast and everyone in my house love it. Thank you so much for sharing this - it is now my very favorite sandwich spread!
5/10/2010 12:58:15 am
Eileen, Tuna salad is a staple at my house -- especially when working out in the garden all day. This looks like a great twist to my recipe which needs some refreshing. Thanks!
Leave a Reply.