This Tomato-Peach Salsa was a huge hit! We couldn't stop eating it, and it was gone in a flash. I will definitely be making this again during tomato and peach season.
Fresh Tomato and Peach Salsa
adapted from a recipe by Nicole Routhier
• 1 pound tomatoes, heirloom if possible
• 3 ripe, unpeeled peaches, cut into 1/4-inch dice
• 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
• 2 tablespoons finely shredded basil
• 1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced
• 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Fine sea salt to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, gently toss together the diced tomatoes, peaches, red onion, basil, jalapeno, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add the sea salt and pepper to taste. Eat immediately.