I served this tart alongside bowls of Cream of Carrot Soup. A tasty, simple fall meal.
Pear and Gorgonzola Tart
a recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
• 1 9-inch tart shell, baked and slightly cooled
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• 2 ounces Gorgonzola, or other good blue cheese
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 3 small pears, cored and sliced
• 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
1. Combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Using a hand blender, whip the cheeses together.
2. In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-hi heat. Add the pears and cool until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Gently spread the whipped cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the slightly-cooled tart crust. Place the pear slices over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the thin strips of prosciutto over the pears.