I served this tart alongside bowls of Cream of Carrot Soup. A tasty, simple fall meal.
Pear and Gorgonzola Tart
a recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
• 1 9-inch tart shell, baked and slightly cooled
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• 2 ounces Gorgonzola, or other good blue cheese
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 3 small pears, cored and sliced
• 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
1. Combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Using a hand blender, whip the cheeses together.
2. In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-hi heat. Add the pears and cool until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Gently spread the whipped cheese mixture evenly over the bottom of the slightly-cooled tart crust. Place the pear slices over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle the thin strips of prosciutto over the pears.
11/13/2009 10:22:57 am
Totally my kind of tart! Looks delicious.
11/15/2009 01:36:50 pm
I think this is probably the most spectacular tart I have seen on your website. I am mentally noting to make this, this week! I love fruit and cheese and this would be a taste sensation indeed. Just a beautiful photograph, too!
11/26/2009 12:41:25 am
Wow! How did I miss this recipe? I love the combo of pears, and blue cheese always. I think I may have tossed a handful of chopped sugared walnuts for good measure, though it looks perfect without. Thanks Eileen!
7/9/2010 04:39:54 am
Hi Eileen! I hope you are doing well, despite being kitchen-less! Quick question-- would this work with peaches? I'm having people for dinner tomorrow, and this looks fantastic. I'm debating between this and the Mixed Tomato Cobbler with Gruyere Crust. Your recipes haven't failed me yet!
Leave a Reply.