• Lentil & Pasta Soup •
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
• 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 4 cups chicken broth, o I added about 6 cups)
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 3/4 cup lentils
• 1 can (14 1/2-ounces) chopped tomatoes
• 1/2 cup orzo (yes, Orzo. Not arborio rice as I printed on TasteSpotting)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
• 1/4 teaspoons salt
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Heat olive oil in large pot. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken broth, water, oregano, thyme, rosemary and lentils. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add crushed tomatoes and orzo. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent lentils and pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. When the lentils and pasta are tender, add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
4/16/2010 04:42:08 am
Yes.... it is ORZO and not Arborio Rice. Sorry for the slip-up on TasteSpotting. I was very tired when I posted that.
4/16/2010 11:42:28 am
What kind of lentils did you use?
4/16/2010 11:58:14 am
Anna- I used French Green Lentils that I bought in bulk at the grocery.
4/18/2010 02:42:38 pm
I just found your website through Corey Amaro's site (Tongue in Cheek). I am already addicted to your site. Can't wait 'til tomorrow when I will continue to read more!
Leave a Reply.