I'll be the first to admit it, I have been under performing in my basement laundry room "kitchen". Simply put... I can't stand it down there! Occasionally, however, I brave the downstairs and actually throw together a fairly decent meal.
My plan for this summer, while my kitchen is under renovation, was to grill different fish, meat and poultry and serve with fresh fruit salsas. When I saw this Cherry Salsa recipe from Whole Foods, I thought it would be the perfect accompaniment to pork tenderloins with a chili dry rub; a staple at our house.
Cherry Salsa with Balsamic Vinegar and Basil
a recipe from Whole Foods Market
• 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
• 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and refrigerate one hour before serving.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: