Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Breakfast? Dessert? or mid-morning Snack?
MAKES 12 MUFFINS
• 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup canola oil
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 pound zucchini, coarsely grated
• 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
> Preheat oven to 350˚F with rack in middle. Whisk together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat together sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. At low speed, mix in flour mixture until just incorporated. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips. Divide among lined muffin cups and bake until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
adapted from a recipe in Gourmet | September 2009
TAKE a LOOK:
Leave a Reply.