I've been trying hard to make the most of what is left of a Minnesota summer. And that means spending as much time as possible on the patio with family and friends, eating end- of-the-season fruits and vegetables. This week I've been serving up Olive Oil Toasts with Peaches, Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Ricotta. A platter of these plus a glass of crisp white wine is all I need to be content.
Just don't do as I did... When my husband asked me this morning what I was grilling, I realized I never turned off the burners on the gas grill last night. What was I thinking? Or maybe I should rephrase that... Why wasn't I thinking?
• Baguette slices, angular cut approximately 1/2-inches thick
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Sea salt
• Fresh ricotta
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Peaches, cut into thin wedges
• Cherry tomatoes, preferably heirloom, halved
• Fresh basil
1. Lightly brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil. Grill the slices over medium-low heat until golden. Remove and sprinkle sea salt over the grilled bread.
2. Spread the baguette slices generously with fresh ricotta, Sprinkle the ricotta lightly with freshly ground pepper.
3. Gently press peaches and cherry tomatoes onto the ricotta and garnish with basil.
4. Enjoy summer!!
TAKE a LOOK: