Breakfast Bruschetta with Cherries
I received a gift of Michigan cherries this past weekend and they became our breakfast this morning!
+ inspired by a recipe from Whole Foods
• 2 cups fresh, sweet cherries, pitted and halved
• 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh mint leaves
• 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, preferably organic
• 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
• 3 ounces Mascarpone
• 4 slices hearty, whole-grain bread
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Honey, for drizzling, optional
1. Place the halved cherries in a small bowl. Add the mint and orange juice and gently toss to combine.
2. In another small bowl, stir together the Mascarpone and orange zest.
3. Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil. Heat a grill pan over medium heat and brown bread lightly on both sides (or use a toaster and brush bread lightly with olive oil after it is toasted). Transfer the bread to a serving plate.
4. Divide the orange Mascarpone between the 4 slices of toast and spread evenly. Top the Mascarpone with the cherries and drizzle with honey. Serve.
TAKE a LOOK:
7/28/2014 09:43:11 am
This looks absolutely delicious, Eileen.
7/28/2014 09:46:35 am
Oh... brown sugar shortcake with fresh peaches... be still my heart!
7/28/2014 11:04:27 am
I love this version w/ ricotta and the cherries. How lucky to have Michigan cherries.....we had NY State cherries last month, but all gone now. :(
7/28/2014 07:31:22 pm
this is a seriously good idea.. never thought of having bruschetta for breakfast before. yum!
7/29/2014 01:37:46 am
Orange Mascarpone with Cherries sounds delightful!
Leave a Reply.