Using up the last of summer's berries for my breakfast...
Summer Berry Dutch Pancakes
adapted from Martha Stewart Living
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• assorted fresh berries
• Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Combine eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and salt in a blender and mix briefly.
2. The recipe can either be made in 4 small 6 1/2-inch cast iron skillets or 1 large 12-inch skillet. Divide butter if using small skillets and melt over high heat. Divide the batter between the skillets and scatter with berries; bake for 15 to 18 minutes (20 minutes if using a 12-inch skillet). The tops should be puffed and the pancakes set.
3. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with additional fresh berries. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with pure maple syrup.
TAKE a LOOK: