I spent the weekend indoors. A winter storm that left roads and sidewalks with a thick coating of ice has left me with no desire to venture out. A quiet few days were spent reading, baking, and cooking. Dinner last night... roast chicken along with a salad of black beans and quinoa.
a recipe by Ken Oringer for Food & Wine, slightly adapted
• 1 cup quinoa
• 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
* 3 16-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 6 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely sliced
• 1 small red onion, finely diced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and simmer the quinoa over low heat until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a plate and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and chipotle. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking until blended. Add the black beans, quinoa, scallions, red onion, yellow pepper and cilantro. Season with salt, toss to combine and serve.
• The salad can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight.
Midge catching snowflakes
TAKE a LOOK:
2/24/2014 12:46:28 am
Love the Midge video!!!!!
2/24/2014 01:53:45 am
I say yes to avocados!
Leave a Reply.