A Salad Chock-full of Healthy Goodness!
My husband recently dined on this salad at a local art museum's restaurant (and I helped myself to quite a bit of it). I liked it enough to make it for dinner one night this week. There are a number of ingredients and a little chopping involved, but it is worth the time it took to assemble. I am going to list the ingredients, but no measurements. I feel you can be very creative with the amounts. After all of the Christmas cookies I've been baking (and sampling) lately, I felt it was time for something really healthy. This is certainly it!
• organic romaine, chopped
• napa cabbage, chopped
• kale, ribs removed and finely sliced
• quinoa, cooked (recipe HERE)
• organic beets (roasted in oven, then small dice)
• butternut squash (small dice and steamed until tender)
• cauliflower (small dice and steamed until tender)
• organic apple (small dice)
• smoked Gouda or Manchego cheese (small dice)
• dried cranberries
• candied walnuts (recipe HERE)
• raw pumpkin seeds
• apple cider vinaigrette (whisk equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and
extra-virgin olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper)
• I hope you like this salad as much as I did.
TAKE a LOOK:
12/21/2014 02:03:18 am
Eileen this looks really good and completely unrealistic for me to tackle right now. I have too many baked goods in front of me to consume this fresh and fine recipe in good conscience. :-) I will revist after the New Year and a file of new resolutions. Warm regards, Tom
Leave a Reply.