This "Winter Bark" goes together in a flash. Just what I need this time of the year. Melted bittersweet and white chocolates are swirled into a marbleized creation studded with salty cocktail peanuts; chill, snap apart and enjoy!
* Sweet and Salty Winter Bark *
adapted from Martha Stewart Living, December | 2008
• 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
• 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
• 7 ounces (or MORE!) salted cocktail peanuts
1. Place white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. ( Or, melt in microwave in 20 second intervals, checking chocolate inbetween.)
2. Melt bittersweet chocolate, either over simmering water or in the microwave, and stir in the peanuts. (The more peanuts you add the more contrast you will have between sweet and salty.) Spread on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, spreading peanuts in a single layer. Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate on top, and swirl chocolates with a skewer. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Break bark into large pieces. Will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.