I can't take any credit for these cookies. We had just returned from an out-of-town trip and invited our daughter to come over for pizza-on-the-grill and a Roasted Beet Tart. Maybe it was the fact that I never mentioned dessert in the menu for that night, but my daughter called me later that day and said, "I'll bring dessert." The only change my daughter made to the recipe was to increase the amount of orange zest... that's my girl !
And the next morning, any remaining cookies were eaten along with our cappuccinos.
recipe adapted from cdkitchen
• 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1 large egg
• 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
• 12 ounces white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat in the egg and orange zest. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in the white chocolate.
3. Drop the dough into mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a light golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
RECIPE MAKES ABOUT 3 DOZEN COOKIES
TAKE a LOOK: