A nice little sweet treat to fill up my cookie jar. Oatella Cookies -- a mix of oatmeal and chocolate-hazelnut. Recipe by Dagmara Kokonas.
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup vegetable shortening
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• One 13-ounce jar Nutella
• 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
PREHEAT OVEN to 375˚F
1. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the salt, cinnamon and baking soda. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the shortening with both sugars at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl. Add the Nutella and beat until smooth. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, then beat in the oats.
2. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and the cookies are just set; shift the pans from front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking. Immediately transfer the cookies from the pan to racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
TAKE a LOOK: