• • • • • • • • • •
Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
from Barefoot Contessa Family Style by Ina Garten
I really liked this !
• 1/2 pound fusilli pasta (spirals)
• Kosher salt
• Olive oil
• 1 pound ripe tomatoes, medium-dice
• 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and diced
• 1 pound fresh mozzarella, medium-dice
• 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
For the Dressing:
• 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 6 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, diced
• 1 teaspoon capers, drained
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• 1 cup packed basil leaves, julienned
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain well and allow to cool. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
2. For the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
3. Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and basil and toss well.
* This salad sits well, so you can make it early in the day. Add the Parmesan and basil just before serving.