Enjoying dinner outdoors!
recipe by Salvatore Denaro | Food & Wine Magazine
• 1 cup water
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
• 1 piece of stale, rustic whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (6-ounces)
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup thinly sliced celery
• 1 cup coarsely chopped green olives
• 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup chopped basil
• 1/2 cup chopped mint
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the water and 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar. Gently fold the bread into the water, making sure all of the pieces become moistened. Drain in a colander and gently squeeze out any remaining liquid.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar.
3. In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, celery, green olives, onion, basil, mint, and oregano. Add the vinaigrette and the bread cubes. Fold together gently. Season with salt and pepper.
TAKE a LOOK: