What can I say? It's another healthy salad.
• Olive oil
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 4 cups cooked wild rice
• 1/2 pound smoked turkey (or chicken), diced or shredded
• Couple handfuls cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 4 to 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
1. Place a small skillet over medium heat and drizzle with a film of olive oil. Add the red onion and sauté until onion is wilted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Make the dressing: Place the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Mix to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth.
3. In a serving bowl, combine the salad ingredients with the dressing; mix gently. Serve either chilled or at room temperature.
• My daughter added diced avocados to her salad and highly recommends doing so.
TAKE a LOOK: