I have just placed a cake on the back burner. A recipe for a Cherry + Almond Loaf Cake, that I'm very anxious to share, will come later this week. With a large portion of our country enduring record heat, this Tuna Dijon Potato Salad seems more timely. If possible, combine the vegetables and tuna with the Dijon dressing early in the day, allowing them to soak up the flavors. Scoop onto the lettuce greens when ready to serve... Keep Cool!
+ Tuna Dijon Potato Salad +
recipe from the Tuna Council of The National Fisheries Institute
• 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna in olive oil, drained
• 3/4 pound small Yukon gold potatoes
• 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
• 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon capers, drained
• 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
• 3 to 4 cups lettuces of your choice
Boil potatoes until just tender. Drain and cool immediately under cold water. Steam green beans until just tender. Cool immediately under cold water. Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl. Add the green beans, tuna, and tomatoes. Pour olive oil into a small bowl. Whisk in vinegar and mustard until thick and creamy. Whisk in capers and oregano. Pour dressing over potato and tuna mixture and toss. Serve over lettuce greens.
TAKE a LOOK: