Roasted Red Pepper Soup
a recipe by Marilyn Harris
• 3 large red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
• 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes (I used Italian San Marzano Plum Tomatoes)
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cups chicken stock
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• chopped parsley
• Croutons sautéed in olive oil and salted, optional
1. Purée the peppers and tomatoes in a blender.
2. Gently heat the garlic in the olive oil, taking care not to let it brown.
3. Stir in the purée and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Whip the cream with the salt and hot pepper sauce.
5. Top each serving of hot soup with the whipped cream and sprinkle with parsley. Add several croutons, if desired.