We have friend and fellow blogger Stacey of Stacey Snacks to thank for this delicious salad. Following the indulgences of the holiday season, Stacey begins the new year with "Detox" recipes for healthy salads and abstains (at least for now) from posting desserts on her blog. I say, when salads are this good, who needs dessert? I absolutely loved it. I ever-so-slightly changed it out a bit, adding julienned fresh spinach and substituting dried cranberries for the raisins.
• Large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
• Olive oil, divided
• 1 can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
• 1/3 cup dried cranberries
• Handful of fresh, baby spinach, thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Spread cauliflower florets onto a non-stick sheet pan; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Roast cauliflower for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Combine roasted cauliflower in a large bowl with the chickpeas, pine nuts, dried cranberries, and spinach. Add the red wine vinegar and 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature. YUM!
TAKE a LOOK: