The beautiful Indian Summer continues and meals continue to be grilled outdoors. This side dish of Potato Salad with Grainy Mustard and Sopressata Salami pairs well with just about any grilled meat or fish!
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens | March 2012
• 1 pound small yellow new potatoes, halved
• 1 pound small red new potatoes, halved
• 6 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 cup coarse-grain mustard
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1/3 cup sopressata salami, or other dry-cured sausage, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
• 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
1. Combine the potatoes, 3 tablespoons of the cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon salt in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well. Allow the potatoes to rest for a couple of minutes before mixing with the mustard dressing.
2. Mustard Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, remaining 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. While whisking, slowly add the canola oil until well-blended.
3. In a large serving bowl, gently combine the potatoes with the mustard dressing. Add the salami, parsley, and green onions. Serve at room temperature.
TAKE a LOOK: