One dinner party down; two to go.
We hosted our first dinner party Friday night. And where do you think everyone hung out?
I made a Peach Frangipane Tart for dessert.
Peach Frangipane Tart
recipe from Four-Star Desserts by Emily Luchetti
• 1 cup (4 ounces) almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 prebaked 9 1/2-inch tart shell
• 4 ripe peaches
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the almonds, the 4 tablespoons softened butter, and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Using the paddle attachment, beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the egg and mix for 1 minute. Spread the almond frangipane in the bottom of the prebaked tart shell.
3. Peel, pit, and slice the peaches 1/4-inch thick. Arrange the peaches in a circular pattern on top of the almond frangipane.
4. In a small bowl combine the 1 remaining tablespoon sugar, the lemon juice, and the 4 tablespoons melted butter. Brush half of the mixture over the peaches.
5. Bake until the frangipane is set, 15 to 20 minutes (I baked mine for approximately 25 minutes). Brush the remaining butter-sugar mixture over the top of the tart. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
6. Serve the tart warm or at room temperature.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: