As I've told friends... I remember that puppies are a lot of work. What I forgot is, I'm old.
My days and nights are consumed by playing, feeding, and cleaning up after Bisous, who I've renamed, Busy-Baby-Bisous... and I wouldn't have it any other way. We just love him. But these Blueberry, Oat, and Greek Yogurt Muffins are all I've been able to make in my kitchen today. I promise you, it will not take you two hours to make these muffins, as it did me. They are extremely easy to mix up and bake. I just had a few interruptions by little, Busy-Baby Bisous...
+ adapted from a Donna Hay recipe
• 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour, sifted
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 2/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
• 3 large eggs
* 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
• 1/2 cup thick, natural Greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup rolled oats, plus extra for sprinkling
• 1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of the flour in a small bowl; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining flour and the baking powder. Add the sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Add the blueberries to the reserved 2 tablespoons flour and toss to coat. Gently fold the blueberries and the oats into the batter in the large mixing bowl.
4. Divide the batter between twelve 1/2 cup-capacity muffin tins lined with paper cases.
5. Sprinkle tops with extra oats and sugar. Place on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
TAKE a LOOK: