If we're eating fish in this house, most likely it's salmon. And this recipe for Salmon Burgers is one of my favorite. The Ginger Mustard Mayo adds a nice kick.
• Salmon Burgers with Ginger Mustard Mayonnaise •
a recipe from Gourmet Magazine
SERVES 2 - easily doubled
For the Mayonnaise:
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 3/4 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh gingerroot
• 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
For the Salmon Burgers:
• 3/4 pound salmon fillet, skin discarded
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled, fresh gingerroot
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
• 2 hamburger buns, cut sides toasted
• 2 thin slices red onion
• 2 slices vine-ripened tomatoes
1. In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise ingredients.
Make Salmon Burgers:
1. Discard any bones in salmon and finely chop salmon by hand. In a bowl stir together salmon, mustard, gingerroot, soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste and form into two 3-inch patties.
2. In a non-stick skillet (I use cast-iron) heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and sauté patties 4 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
3. Transfer salmon burgers to buns and top with mayonnaise, onion, and tomato.