I'm baking and freezing small loaves of Cranberry & Pistachio Quick Bread to pull from the freezer over the holidays when family will be visiting. The only problem with that? My husband also knows that I'm squirreling away baked goods and the two of us have been slowly pulling the little loaves from storage. There may possibly be nothing left when our out-of-town guests arrive!
• 2 cups flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon soda
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 beaten egg
• 2 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 2 tablespoons hot water
• 1 cup chopped pistachios or walnuts
• 1 cup whole raw cranberries
• orange rind, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, soda, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a medium bowl stir together the beaten egg, melted butter, orange juice, and hot water.
4. Stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture to blend; fold in the nuts, cranberries and orange rind.
5. Scoop the batter into a buttered loaf pan and bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Transfer from the oven to a cooling rack and after 10 minutes unmold and cool the loaf completely. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
TAKE a LOOK: