My absolute favorite way to eat cantaloupe? This way... Cantaloupe with Black Pepper, Vinegar & Olive Oil. There's also Sopressata Salami and Chives in this dish. I've been making this recipe for years, but only in the summer when I've got locally grown cantaloupe to work with. Wouldn't even think of making this until cantaloupe are sun-sweet and juicy.
Easy, Healthy, and Delicious...
• 1 perfectly ripe cantaloupe
• freshly ground black pepper
• kosher salt
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 3 slices Sopressata Salami, finely sliced (optional, but not for me!)
• fresh chives, finely minced
Scoop as many melon balls as possible from the cantaloupe and place in a medium-size bowl (or cube the melon). Sprinkle cantaloupe with salt to taste and lots of freshly ground pepper. Drizzle melon with the olive oil and stir gently. Add the vinegar and stir again. Toss melon with Sopressata Salami and fresh chives.
TAKE a LOOK: