Nectarine Blueberry Crisp
• 5 nectarines, sliced into wedges
• 1/2 cup blueberries
• 1 teaspoon arrowroot
• 1 cup unbleached flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
• 1 egg
• 5 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• addition butter for greasing dish
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Butter a ceramic pie dish or gratin dish.
2. In a bowl, toss the nectarine slices with the arrowroot. Layer half of the nectarines into the buttered dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries on top; repeat with the remaining nectarines and blueberries.
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and toasted pecans. Add the egg, and using a fork, mix into the dry ingredients. Spoon this mixture over the top of the fruit.
4. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the flour mixture and sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the crisp is a dark, golden brown. Remove from over and serve with whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.