Triple Berry Curd
from My Recipes.com
• 1 cup frozen blackberries, thawed
• 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
• 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 3 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons butter
1. Place all the berries in a blender and process until smooth. Press berry mixture through a sieve over a medium bowl using the back of a spoon, reserving 1 cup purée; discard seeds.
2. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a heavy saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1 cup purée, lemon juice and eggs. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute, or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring gently until butter melts.
3. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: