I ended our weekend of entertaining with this Baked Lemon Tart from one of my favorite cookbooks, Once Upon a Tart. This is a dessert for a hard-core lemon lover!
- Baked Lemon Tart -
adapted from Once Upon a Tart by Frank Mentesana and Jerome Audureau
• 3 large eggs
• 3 large egg yolks
• 1/2 cup sugar
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 3/4 cup lemon juice
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 baked 9-inch Tart Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Whisk the eggs and yolks together in a bowl. Add the sugar slowly while continuing to whisk. Still whisking, pour in the lemon juice and zest, and then the cream. Pour this lemon custard into the tart shell. It should come to 1/8-inch from the top edge of the tart. (If necessary, place the partially filled crust on the center rack of the oven, and slowly spoon in enough custard to reach near the top of the crust. You may have leftover custard).
3. With the tart on the center rack of the oven, bake for 25-30 minutes, or until filling is firm to the touch and doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan.
4. Remove the tart from the oven, and set it on a wire rack to cool slightly.
5. Serve the tart at room temperature or chilled.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: