Have you noticed? We've been eating a lot of sweets lately at this house. It's time for a green salad (and some bread with really good butter).
Mrs. Marshall's Salad
a recipe from Brook Lodge | Augusta, Michigan
Serves 8 to 12 people
• 2 heads of romaine lettuce
• 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup coarsely grated Swiss cheese
• 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
• 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 pound bacon, diced
1. Prepare dressing (recipe below). Sauté bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and reserve. Wash, dry and tear romaine up into a bowl. Add enough dressing to lightly coat lettuces. Toss with tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds and Paremsan cheese. Sprinkle with the reserved bacon.
DRESSING: Let this set at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
• The juice of 1 lemon
• 3 cloves or garlic, crushed
• 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1. Mix lemon juice, garlic, cloves and salt. Add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified. Add pepper to taste.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: