Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from The Joy of Cooking
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup peanut butter
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup cocktail or Spanish peanuts
• 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1. In a mixing bowl beat the butter until soft. Slowly add the sugars and mix until smooth. Beat in the egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla. Sift the flour and add to the other ingredients. Beat just until the flour is incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and the peanuts. Chill the mixture for about an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove cookie dough from refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls. Press with a fork dipped in flour, in a cross-hatch pattern. Bake cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes.